Lance Aux Epines Cottages is Going
Day 2010 I've created this page to document our efforts to make our resort
more environmentally friendly...
We have already taken a few steps including:
- Energy saving
fluorescent lamps (CFL) in use throughout most of the resort.
- In 2004 installation of a grey water treatment facility at our service
building. All grey water from our laundry, kitchen and staff bathrooms
is treated and filtered so that it can be used on the garden during dry
- Solar water
heaters for ALL guest units and service building/laundry.
- In 2007 we instituted a Towel and Linen reuse program, "Caribbean
Cares". Program included training for all staff (reduce, reuse &
recycle). Plastic bottles (bleach, dishwashing, floor and glass
cleaning) are refilled wherever possible.
- Onsite composting of
much of our garden waste (grass clippings, leaves and small branches).
Treated grey water from system is used for this. YouTube video
here. In the future we hope to include a composting bucket in the
kitchens of our units so that our guests have the option to participate...
- Greenhouse area in use for starting new plants.
- Water cooler/filter available in reception for refilling plastic drinking
- In-room signage encouraging guests to turn off lights and air-conditioner
when leaving room AND to conserve water in dry season.
- Installation of water saving shower heads and toilets in many units.
- Energy Star rated
appliances and equipment wherever possible. Including air-conditioners, refrigerators,
stoves, washers, dryers and computers.
Our future plans include:
|Installation of small grid-tied solar electricity system.|
|Keep your eye on this page for the latest...|
This page updated:
08 August 2011 08:56 PM